Saturday, October 25, 2014

#CaptureYourGrief - Day 19: Give


Day 19 was about giving.  I rather like that this topic landed on the 19th day, one month from Preston's first birthday.  Given that I'm behind on the Capture Your Grief project, I didn't realize this until a few days ago.  And I know, one of the rules of this project is that you don't have to participate every day, but since I think it's doing good for me, I want to see if through, even if I don't do it all in the month of October.

On October 19th, I wrote a blog about the event for Preston's birthday, "Spread Happiness For
Preston", where acts of kindness are to be done in memory of my son.  I sent an email at work, basically re-iterating my blog entry.  I shared it on the forums I frequent.  The responses were touching.  The amount of people who want to participating lifts up my spirits, and helps me realize that my son, has given so much to so many without even realizing it.  I feel incredibly humbled, and overwhelmed, in a good way.  I hope that he continues to touch people's lives.

I had planned to write this post yesterday, but my Remicade treatment has caused some fatigue.  I was too tired last night.  And I'm a little bummed, that the picture I had taken, didn't seem to really be taken.  It's not on my phone anyway.  I took a picture of a card I sent out yesterday.  I sent it to a friend, a fellow grieving mom who's had 3 losses.  It was a beautiful card I found, that had a little stone that can be removed can carried around.  The stone says "hope" and she's pregnant with her fourth.  He's due in about 2 weeks.  I found it fitting to send her this card.

I also send out some #SpreadHappinessForPreston cards this week.  To many co-workers, to friends and family in the US and Canada.  The thought that these cards will be handed out to others as acts of kindness is a good one.  It's a happy one.  As sad and difficult November 19th will be for us, I hope that the joy, love and peace that is shared through these acts make a difference.  I hope that they show the world, that this can be a happy place.  It doesn't always have to be about all the horrible things that happen every day.  It's a sign of hope... can we hope that one day, forces of evil become less and less, and that the positive energy that is being spread across the world might just make it a better place.  Thank you for your support, and participation. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment