Thursday, October 30, 2014

#CaptureYourGrief - Day 30: Intention



I've decided to skip days 27-29 of the #CaptureYourGrief project.  Day 27 (Express) was a day where we were to share whatever we wanted.  Day 28 (Wisdom) was a day to share what you've learned.  Day 29 (Reflect) was a day to look back at October.  Throughout my blog, I often say whatever I want, talk about whatever subject has affected me that day.  I often share my experiences, what I've learned, how I feel.  And, I often reflect on my healing journey in my posts.  For that reason, I thought it would be nice to catch up and be on track for the final 2 days.

Day 30 is entitled Intention.  I'm to attempt to set an objective which will help me with my grief and healing.  Since Preston's passing, I believe I have set put certain goals into place.  I intend to continue with my group meetings for as long as I need, and maybe longer, to help others through this difficult journey.  I write a blog entry as often as possible, to help with my healing, and the healing of others.  I try to live my life without planning too far in advance, which I think gives me a greater appreciation for life.  I try even harder to be kind to others, to not judge, because you never know who might be having the worse day of their life.

And, for Preston's birthday, I'm trying to create a movement which will create a wave of smiles around the world.  A day where people demonstrate the kindness that lives within them.  A day where maybe, just maybe, we can realize that we don't have to live in pain, sadness and horror.  A day where my son can be honored, for the precious life that he had.  The happiness that radiated from him, I hope can radiate throughout the world.

And so, my new intention, more of the same.  Write, share, be kind.  I think, that's all I can expect myself to do for now.

Pictured above - Preston's newest bears.  The pink ribbon bear is from my parents, and I purchased the I <3 NY bear during our recent vacation.  It's a bizarre thing to buy things for someone who isn't living, but I just can't help it.  He'll be my baby forever, and every now and then, mama's got to buy a bear for her baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment