Wednesday, October 1, 2014

#CaptureYourGrief - Day 1: Sunrise


Let me paint you a picture since the picture above does not begin to really capture the sunrise I watched this morning.  The high skies were painted with a royal blue.  Scattered across it were gray colored clouds and the bottoms of these clouds appeared to be flattened.  Orange, yellow and white appeared in that order from the horizon which the sun was about to pierce through.  Farther away from this location, the lower skies appeared green, and yellow.  You can sort of make it out if you look on the left side of the photograph.

As the train made it's way north, towards Denver, pink started entering the equation, replacing the green and the orange, kissing the clouds with its vibrant color, all the while softening the higher clouds by adding brightness to their bottom layer.  Purple also made it's appearance.  The sky looked radioactive.  Clouds of pink and purple, high skies of baby clue, lower skies of bright orange.  It is not 6:45, ten minutes from the actual sunrise.  I snapped a picture as I knew, I wouldn't be in an area where I could take pictures until I arrived at work.


Orange was returning, replacing the pink as the sun nears the horizon.  Then yellow.  Suddenly, everything starts to become brighter.  Birds fly into my view, making for an even more stunning sunrise.  The bottoms of the flattened clouds are now turning yellow as the sky turns bright white where the sun is beginning to come into view.  And now, the clouds turn white, as the rainbow colored sky disappears, as if it was a mirage.  Remaining in the sky, is the blue color we know it to be on a clear day.  Snow capped mountains can now be seen.  Everything now has color instead of being wrapped in the blue hues of the night sky.  Somehow, the rainbow of colors that kissed the sky just minutes ago  has spread to everything I'm blessed to see.

I spent the train ride admiring the sunrise.  Thinking about my son, who grew wings 6 and a half months ago.  Thinking about all the others angels I've come to learn about, and love.  I thought about all the other grieving parents out there, looking at the same sunrise I was and I felt peace.  I didn't feel alone with my pain.  I prayed that our angels were well, having a jolly time.


The first thing I did when I got to the office was to snap a couple pictures.  Since I didn't actually capture the sunrise it's self, but more the moments leading up to it, I felt it would be poetic to snap a few more to capture the moments following the sunrise.  Beautiful isn't it?  That bright spot right in the middle caught my attention.  I took a closer picture.



I couldn't for the life of me figure out what this brightness was.  If you look from left to right, it looks like a sleeping angel.  The wings on the far left, below the head of the sleeping angel, hands folded on his/her chest.  Is it just me that's seeing this? Do you see it?

I want to thank Carly Marie and her healing project "Capture Your Grief" (click for link) where every day in October, you are invited to share a picture based on the daily word and guidelines.  This can be something you share, or just for yourself.  You must use pictures you take, and not pictures you find on the web.  Today, the word/inspiration was "Sunrise".  I hope to participate every day if possible, or catch up if needed since I will be out of town.  Regardless, it's an inspiring way to deal with my grief, and to continue sharing my story and experiences.  October is Pregnancy, Infant and Child Loss Awareness month and I think this is an excellent, positive way of sharing the fact that there are a lot of bereaved parents among us.


 

3 comments: