Monday, September 1, 2014

Long weekend

On day 10 of my 30 days of gratitude (one third of the way there!), I am thankful for long weekends.  Since it is Labor Day today, we had an extra day off this weekend.  Sometimes, that extra day off does such good.  We had so much going on this weekend.  While, surprise surprise, not all of it got done, we got most of our projects done and I feel the house is ready for company tomorrow.

Spaghetti sauce done!  Meatballs done!  Cleaning done!  Baking done!  Draft kits done!  I forget if I mentioned it or not, but we are hosting a fantasy football draft at our house tomorrow.  After asking me if I would help out, my husband offered our house to the league commissioner for the draft.  Sounds like it was a good idea since he went for it.  It's nice since I know much about football - it gives me a reason to be involved, gives me an opportunity to learn and it makes me feel appreciated for my organizational skills.  I've done the recording for our last 2 fantasy baseball drafts and it worked really well.  It's actually fun.

Busy week starting tomorrow.  Draft tomorrow.  We're going to a Rockies game on Wednesday, and then I have my Remicade treatment on Thursday.  Lots going on this week!  It should fly by, and then hopefully I can have a relaxing weekend... not that I didn't get to do something I enjoy this weekend.  I love making my spaghetti sauce, love planning a party, love baking - I made these football cookies for all our guests... they aren't perfect since I didn't have a football shaped cookie cutter, and it's the first time I decorate cookies... but I think they're cute!!

I look forward to tomorrow.  I feel well rested.  I'll be able to give a good day's work at work, come home and host this draft party and then I'll be ready to have a nice evening with Brett the next day.  Can't believe it's already September... So many broken dreams already as Preston would be turning 10 months in a few weeks.  Halloween stuff is already everywhere.  I was going to start decorating the house more for all the holidays just to make it fun for Preston.  I don't really feel in the mood now... I wonder if I'll have the want to even put Christmas decorations up, and that's sad because I love Christmas season, Christmas songs, Christmas cheer.  Just another day?  Perhaps that's how I'll have to think of it to deal with it more easily.  I'd hate to become this hollow shell for the holidays... maybe it gets easier with time? 

But enough about thinking about sad things!  Off to test the draft settings with this application.  Should be a fun day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment