Sunday, September 14, 2014

Are we there yet?

 
 
There's some comfort to be found in knowing that Heaven waits for us, once our time has come.  How many loved ones will we get to see again?  At the same time, there are so many unanswered questions that surround Heaven.  What will we look like? How old will we be?   Do we ascend to Heaven right away, or does our soul have to fulfill all it's purposes on Earth first?
 
On day 23 of my 30 days of gratitudes, I am thankful for Heaven.  I am thankful, because it means that one day, I will get to see Preston again.  No offense meant to anyone else who is up there waiting for me, but I long to see, and hold my baby again, if those are things that can be done in Heaven.  Is Heaven filled with blooming flowers? Or does it sit on the clouds like I've always imagined?  Do angels really have feathered wings of pure white?  Do we all individually get to meet God? 
 
I learned young about eternal life that is given to us through the Holy Spirit and ascension to Heaven.  I never really looked forward to it.  I never understood it.  I still don't understand it.  Maybe that's the point.  The unanswered questions keep us wondering.  Maybe Heaven is what each of us individually hopes for.  

I don't think it's normal to look forward to going to Heaven, but I really do.  I'm not saying that I'd do anything to help it along, but, I won't be sad to see that day come.  A new beginning.  A life with my son.  A life uninterrupted by death and separation.

In the meantime, I hope Preston is surrounded my loved ones.  His great grandparents, most of which I never met myself.  Friends his age, like Conner, Benjamin, Silas and Baylee.  Perhaps he's the angel of happiness teaching other angels how to spread happiness, and bring it forth to their families down on Earth.  One day, we will find out.  One day, we will feel true peacefulness.

The lyrics from Nickelback's If Everyone Cared come to mind:

If everyone cared and nobody cried
If everyone loved and nobody lied
If everyone shared and swallowed their pride
Then we'd see the day when nobody died

Maybe, that really is what Heaven brings :)




 

No comments:

Post a Comment