Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Trivia

My husband is a fountain of trivia.  The random facts this man can spout randomly is incredible.  I'm always in awe.  The latest example: It's a known fact that tortoises live for a long time.  It's apparently very difficult to tell their age.  Recently, there was a tortoise in a Texas zoo that was sick.  They thought it to be older than the zoo, but as they tried to figure out what was bothering the tortoise, they realized it had been shot.  The projectile had somehow migrated to the tortoise's stomach.  When they extracted it, they found a musket ball... from the Civil War.  I suppose this might be more of a "news" story...but you get the picture.

We like to play trivial pursuit on occasion, and he crushes me.  He's really a wealth of knowledge. I'm sure he'd do well on Jeopardy!  We sometimes will play our version of trivial pursuit on a road trip.  Basically, it's just me reading questions and being in awe of how many he gets correct as I try to take a stab at them too.

We went out to dinner tonight with our friend Bob and his girlfriend Liz, who we hadn't met yet.  I loved her.  What a beautiful soul she has.  Really outgoing, friendly and another wealth of knowledge.  She's a teacher, and lucky girl, does it in Hawaii.  She's a world traveler, a lover of languages.  And another trivia lover.  She had several trivia questions for us, they really make you think.  Within the 4 professional sports leagues in the US, there are 9 sports teams that do not end in an S, name them.

We had fun with that question and the next 2 she posed.  Perhaps I will share them another time ;).  I often wonder what Preston would have liked, or what he would have been good at.  I think he would have been really smart, so I think he would have enjoyed and excelled at trivia.  If he hung out with his dad a lot, which he would have, I'm certain that he'd pick up on stuff quickly and amaze us with random facts at a really young age.  Hey mama, did you know pearls melt in vinegar?

Great dinner, great company, great food and great trivia.  Thanks for a fun night guys.  You sometimes don't realize what you need.  So, who's up for a good game of trivial pursuit??

The food was great too.  Loved the dessert...

No comments:

Post a Comment