Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Highway Exit

They are building a new highway exit by our house.  When they first started the project late last fall, I was excited at the prospect of possibly shedding 10 minutes off my commute each way.  Right now, there's just one way out of the community I live in, and it's a fast growing community.  Granted in the morning, it's not super crowded because I leave the house so early, but if I catch all the lights, it can really add to my commute.

Now, I'm looking forward to the highway exit because I won't have to drive by the new hospital every day.  You see, they recently opened a hospital by my house.  It's like a 2 minute drive away.  That's the hospital they took Preston to.  That's the hospital I said goodbye to my baby boy at.  Anytime I go anywhere, I have to drive past it.. and not just drive past it really, I have to go around it because it's on a corner I have to turn on.  It's a lot of bad memories that I wish didn't exist.

I also pass by the hospital Preston was born at each time I go to the train, which is all week days.  It's the same hospital I went to when I was sick in 2012 and where I had my bowel resections.  I don't like hospitals, but I've had to spend some time in them because of my health issues.  By far, this has been the best hospital, and passing by this one, doesn't tug at my heart as much.  They took good care of Preston in the NICU.  They took fabulous care of me.

Not to say everyone didn't do a good job at the new hospital.  They tried so hard and everyone was so broken up about the turn of events... but to this day, I still can't think of the moments I spent at this hospital.  That's where I found out about my miscarriage and that's where my baby was pronounced.  It's so incredibly overwhelming and I just wish that hospital would go away... since it won't, and I'm sure it's been a good hospital for many, so I shouldn't wish it gone, I will simply look forward to our new highway exit.  Perhaps next summer?  Fingers crossed!

Are there things in your life you wish you could avoid because they just bring back too many painful memories?  Does it get better with time?


My little sweet P when he was in the NICU in November 2013.

2 comments:

  1. What a precious picture. I know the feeling of passing the hospital... I've had to go to the hospital for a few events and each time I think "this is the only place Conner and Benjamin ever lived." They never even made it home.

    I'm glad you wont have to pass the hospital all the time now. It must be so tough with it being so close to your home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you don't have to frequent that hospital much and that when you do, it'll be for a happy occasion.

    ReplyDelete