Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Positively February: Day 25


"When it rains, it pours... but soon, the sun shines again."

When it rains, it pours.  I think I've probably heard this saying more than any other in my life.  And like many other sayings, it has stood the test of time and has proven to be right.

Everything seems to always happen all at once when going through tough times.  Granted, something bad could happen tomorrow and I'd be asking life to give me a break!  I've had enough tough times for a lifetime, yet I know they are more than likely far from over.  Such is life.

Out of the darkness comes light.  Every morning the sun rises again.  Once the rain ceases, the sun comes back out, and there is often the chance of a rainbow.  All these metaphors are symbols of hope for renewed happiness.  And while we cannot often see that happiness is not terribly far away, it is something you will, if you let it, appear down the path of your journey of grief - down the path of your journey through life.

Time doesn't heal all wounds, but it does help cauterize the wound, and leaves a wonderful scar full of memories.  Embrace those, never let them go.  They will help you through this adventure we call life.

2 comments:

  1. There is a song that plays at my church that is my favorite - and this post reminded me of it lyrics are:

    "All that is hidden will be made clear.
    All that is dark now will be revealed.
    What you have heard in the dark
    Proclaim in the light;
    What you hear in whispers
    Proclaim from the housetops"

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right. Light comes, even when we are so immersed in despair we don't want to see it. It took me so long in my grief journey to realize this. Glad you are a faster learner than me!

    ReplyDelete