Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Positively February: Day 24


"There is something infinitely healing in the repeated refrains of nature" - Rachel Carson

Let me start off by saying, I can't believe it's already day 24.  4 more days and project complete! I have so many saves quotes, that I won't get to use.  Perhaps it'll just mean I need to do a random post inspired by a positive quote every now and then. :)

I wavered back and forth tonight on which quote to use.  This isn't where my mind is at tonight, but I couldn't find anything to fit my mood either.  This was one of the saved quotes I had.

I have found a lot of healing within nature.  Preston's garden created a time and place of meditation almost.  Walks in the park, through the tall grass, fragrant and colorful flowers gave me pause.  It was peaceful to be among these beautiful creations of God.  It helped me feel closer to God, and to Preston, when my faith was really shaken, and my son felt further and further away.

There's something incredibly soothing about watching the snowflakes fall in winter.  I find that same calmness when hearing raindrops tap on the rooftop and windows as I try to go to sleep on a warm summer night.  Waking up to chirping birds helps my day start with a smile.  The sunrise with it's rainbow of colors has a way of pacifying my mood.  The sunset, has a similar effect.

Let nature do it's magic.  Allow yourself to feel the cleansing aura that comes from nature, and all of it's living creatures.  Let go of your thoughts, if just for a moment next time it snows, or rains, next time you see a sunset or sunrise.  Breathe in slowly, and let it out slower.  Can you feel the serenity?

Is there something within nature that you find more relaxing than another?

No comments:

Post a Comment