Saturday, February 14, 2015

Positively February: Day 14



"Do all things with love." - Og Mandino

Valentine's Day is a bittersweet day for me.  3 years ago, it was confirmed that I'd had a missed miscarriage on this very day.  That is, our baby had stopped growing at 6 weeks, when I should have been 9 weeks along.  I remember the emotions.  I remember the deep pain and broken dreams.  There would be no pain, loss of dreams or sorrow without love, and this simple fact brings me a lot of peace.

My husband is the sweetest.  For Valentine's he got me two Pandora (charm bracelet) spacers, which are multicolored and sparkle in the light.  Rainbows if you will.  And rainbows bring a smile to my face, and remind me of my son, Preston - my rainbow baby.

And now, we watch "Hockey Night in Canada" on the NHL network.  What a wonderful day this turned out to be after all.

As for today's quote, I think if we can do as it says, all things in love, our lives will be enriched.  We will smile more.  Is it possible to do everything with love? Probably not.  But we can most likely do, a lot more.  Worth a try right?

No comments:

Post a Comment