Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Positively February: Day 17



"Life is like a book, some chapters sad, some happy, and some exciting.  But if you never turn the page...  You will never know what the next chapter holds"


Keep going.  An simple notion in theory, but definitely not always easy to practice.  We all have difficult days.  Today hasn't been a particularly good day.  I'm realizing that I'm needing to give myself a kick in the butt to get certain things taken care of, and sometimes, those eye opening moments are hard to stomach.  Hard to face.

Comparing life to a book...what a fabulous analogy.  Our life is filled by different chapters: childhood, school years, career, marriage, parenthood, sickness, etc.  Our lives are all different, like books.  Some resemble one another, but no two books are alike.  Our lives aren't comparable.  Our grief is distinctively different.

My life contains some tragically heartbreaking chapters.  Losing Preston, I can't imagine anything worse, nor do I want to.  Despite this life changing event, much like with a book, I want to keep "reading" to find out what the next chapter in my life has in store for me.  Another child or two or three?  A career I can be proud of?  Dreams that could possibly come true?  Finding a way to truly express my new-found purpose?

I will never know, unless I keep going.  We must all keep going, and find out what comes next.

1 comment:

  1. I love this. I always think of life as a book - we never know what will happen next, and skipping ahead only ruins what excitement could be in store for us. We keep going in hopes that the next chapter will bring happiness. I truly believe that you have big things in store for you, and Preston will be supporting you the whole way. His passing might have been the saddest chapter of your book, but his everlasting presence will be known throughout each chapter of your life.

    ReplyDelete