Monday, February 2, 2015

Positively February: Day 2


"What we have once enjoyed deeply we can never lose.  All that we love deeply becomes a part of us." - Helen Keller

I found this quote not long after we lost Preston.  It brought me a lot of comfort and with time, I've come to truly embrace it because I find it to be very true.  Preston lives in my heart and he is forever a part of me.

Love works in mysterious ways.  It blindsides us.  It overwhelms us.  It makes us whole.

We suffer heartbreaks.  They can bring us to our knees.  They can take the breath out of our lungs.  A heartbreak can shatter our whole world.  Trust me, heartbreaks do exist and not just in love songs.

But the thing is, Helen Keller is right.  Relationships have a way of changing you, of shaping who you are as a person.  At least, this holds true for people you love and respect.  You want to be the best you can be for them.  You learn from them, and strive to be like them.

I probably sounds weird that I strive to be like a 16 week old baby, my son.  Yes, a part of me does strive to be more like him.  I strive to find that pure happiness that my son had.  I strive to not let things upset me so easily.  Not much made him cranky or upset.  I strive to continue learning, like he did every day.  I strive to not worry what others may think, he sure didn't.  I strive to share that happiness that resonated from him because I really FEEL like that is something he would want me to do.

So read Helen Keller's words.  Read them several times.  Let them sink in.  Know that no matter when you may have lost your baby, he or she is with you always.  Simply because, our babies, are forever a part of us and they will live on in our hearts forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment