Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Time Conundrum

I spent my train ride home pondering the past couple weeks.  They have been remarkably busy with year end approaching at work, Christmas gifts to figure out and buy, holiday parties in addition all the routine things that need to be done around the house.  I haven't seen the time go by.  I can't fathom that we are nearing the 9 month mark that will mean that Preston has been gone for 9 whole months.

Time has been flying by, and I often wonder if it's a good thing or a bad thing.  On one side, being as busy as I am at work makes the days appear to last just a couple of hours.  It's lunchtime before I know it and the next time I look at the clock, I'm 15 minutes away from "quittin' time".  Days are gone in the blink of an eye and that's good because it keeps me from drowning in sorrow.  At the same time, I often don't know where the time's gone and I feel like I'm always forgetting to do something.  Staying too busy at work and at home feels like it may be warping time.

But it's my coping mechanism, and I'm ever so thankful for it.  As my friend Krystal says, every day is one day close to being reunited with Preston.  Since I long for that day, I will welcome my time conundrum and rejoice that another day has gone by.  Let them flow...


No comments:

Post a Comment