Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Acrostically

P - Precious
R - Rare
E - Energetic
S - Special
T - Tiny
O - One-of-a-kind
N - Newborn

W - Warm
I - Irreplaceable
L - Love
L - Light
I - Intelligent
A - Adorable
M - Musical

H - Happy
A - Angel
U - Unique
G - Gorgeous
E - Easy
N - Needed

Preston, you were so precious to me; you still are.  You were a rare find and full of energy once you passed the phase where all babies do is eat and sleep.  You will always carry a special place in my heat.  You may have been tiny when you were born, but you truly were one-of-a-kind, and I'm the lucky mama who got to call you her son.  You were still a newborn when we said goodbye, but that doesn't mean you made less of an impact on my life.  No one else has made more of an impact.

You were warm and loving.  You are irreplaceable.  Please always know that we can never, ever replace you, nor would we ever want to.  You are a symbol of love and light with your angel wings.  You were always really smart.  I could tell, and no one can tell me not to trust my instincts, especially when it comes to you.  You were the most adorable baby I've ever laid eyes on.  I'm biased, but I still believe it whole-hardheartedly; no offense meant to any other baby.  You loved music.  I hope you listen to it often, and I hope I'm not crazy to think that sometimes you send me messages through the songs I listen to.

You were always happy.  I do my best to share that happiness with anyone who will read or listen.  You are my little angel, though I wish you never had to gain angel wings.  You were a unique little being, very special.  As gorgeous as you were, you were just as easy to take care of.  You made being a mama really easy, even if certain moments were hard, and even if losing you is the most difficult thing I've ever had to deal with.  But that wasn't your fault, and I don't blame you.  Your mama and your dad miss you so much.  You were needed.  You are still needed.  I'd like to take comfort in thinking that heaven needed you more, but I just don't understand how that could be possible.


Here you were, staring at that picture you loved so much.  All the colors that you couldn't get enough of :)

3 comments:

  1. Your entry really encompasses the special person Preston was and our eternal memory of him. Just imagine the impact he must have in Heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you can describe him in so many words! It just shows that babies have big personalities and that their mothers know them the best!

    ReplyDelete