Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Tired

I was really tired all day today.  Didn't sleep well again last night, seems to happen a lot.  I have a hard time falling asleep and I wake up 4-5 times a night and just can't seem to fall right back asleep.  Missing Preston is really hard.  The evenings were ours and I miss that. 

Tonight, I'm tired, but for a different reason.  We went to a baseball game tonight.  A little bittersweet as we were looking forward to taking our little guy this summer, but nonetheless we had a nice time.  It was a cool night, a little bit of drizzling rain throughout the first couple of innings...  The pitcher had just been called from the minors and he played a heck of a game.  Shut-out pitching until the 7th.  Pretty good for a rookie...a symbol of hope for a struggling team?  Metaphorically, a symbol of hope for everyone?  There is hope all around us, even if it's ever so hard to find sometimes.

Anywho, hope is not the point of my entry tonight.  I'm tired, but I had a nice time tonight.  Reminds me of all those nights where I'd wake up every 2 and a half hours to pump and then feed Preston.  You hear how incredibly tired it is when you first have a baby.  I never thought it was so bad.  I was tired, but I was so happy to have him that I didn't care.  I think it only happened a couple times that I was just too tired to stay up with him.  You made it easy kiddo. ;)

The point of my entry probably isn't clear and I feel like I'm rambling.  My point is, we all get tired.  Sometimes we are more tired than other times, but think about the reason behind why you are tired.  Is it because you went out with friends and had a good time?  Maybe you went to see a late movie with your spouse?  Perhaps you spent the night rocking your little baby?  Consider this - if you had a good time, if you are with your loved ones, is it really all that bad that you are tired?  Life is so precious.  Not much to complain about right?

I hope this isn't coming off as rude or with bad intentions.  Being tired tonight comparatively to yesterday just made me realize that it's easy to take things for granted.  Not sure this spreads happiness, but I think it kind of goes hand in hand with "enjoying the small things".  Don't let life pass you by because you are holding on or letting the negativity in...

Alright, I might start rambling again if I keep going...sleep tight... I hope I do :)

No comments:

Post a Comment