Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Kindness

Kindness is all around us but we don't always notice it or take the time to notice it.  I've received such kind feedback for my entries on the blog I created to honor my baby boy.  I thank you for all the support - from all around the world!

I've been touched to read stories about strangers being kind to strangers - on the train/metro, on the street, in the workplace.  I will do my best to obtain permission to share these stories.  Since they aren't mine, I don't want to just assume I can share them without asking.

Today, a co-worker of mine that I don't know very well took me out to lunch.  It was so kind and it touched me beyond words.  It isn't always easy to reach out to new people, and it isn't always easy to reach out to a grieving person.  When we grieve, we don't really know what we need and we often get the "let us know what you need" which personally I really appreciate.  Unfortunately, I haven't been able to take up anyone on it because I haven't known what I need.  What I need probably changes from day to day, from week to week.  I'd say, right now, I need to write and release my thoughts.  I'd say right now, occasionally it's nice to get out of my new routine and do something different.

I don't have too much to say tonight, apologies.  If you haven't already, I hope you will open your heart to the kindness of others even when you don't know them.  It can be so releasing - to be kind to a stranger and to be on the receiving end.  It feels really nice.

Thank you for the kindness you are putting out in the world.  Whether it's to honor Preston, a loved one you have lost, or just to make the world a better place. :) Have a good night <3

No comments:

Post a Comment