Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Last night

I really wanted to write a post last night, but I overate and felt sick all evening.  It had been a while since such a bout of nausea hit me, and I'm no stranger to nausea thanks to Crohn's disease.  Luckily, I still have some magic pills called "Promethazine".  Half of that little guy and I'm out like a light (plus it makes the nausea go away). 

I had a nice day yesterday.  Preston would have turned 9 months and another milestone promised to be painful, but I think by staying positive all day, staying busy and memorialized the day.  I had a busy day at work, it felt like nonstop emergency tasks one after the other, but I am so thankful for it because the day just flew by.  I had lunch with a good friend, which we hadn't done for a long time.  It was nice to be able to talk about Preston.  Then, Brett and I had pizza for dinner.  Preston's favorite food (well, I only know this from when I was pregnant). 

 
It felt really nice to have a peaceful day.  Instead, by thinking about eating something he liked, it made me look forward to the evening.  And despite the turn of events, I'm glad we did it.  Perhaps with time, we can build on what we do on each 19th.  One thing is for sure, the 19th will be forever a family day, and hopefully, they will become more and more peaceful with time.
 
I'm going to end on this short note tonight. I want to go to bed early in hopes to help my body recover from last night.  I look forward to tomorrow morning.   My friend Paula told me she had a visit from my sweet angel, and I want to hear all about it. I don't often look forward to the morning, so thank you Paula for giving me that feeling of anticipation, the good kind :)
 
 
Nice sunset tonight with the cloud and the mountains :)
 


2 comments:

  1. I'm glad that the day went well, and it was so sweet that you had his favorite food! Beautiful pictures (so jealous you have a view of the mountains... all I have is cornfields) and I hope that your friend's story gives you some happiness :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her story sure did! You are still looking for a new house right? Hopefully you get more than cornfields (though it's better than just a neighbor's backyard? :)

      Delete