Thursday, August 14, 2014

Baked goods

The smell of fresh baked cookies, cinnamon, pumpkin spice, apples.  Just thinking about these sweet smells I can faintly sense their odor.  Someone I know posted pictures of cookies she baked today and just gave me inspiration to want to bake this weekend.  What to bake, I haven't decided.  Maybe an apple pie, or streusel?  A variety of cookies?  A cake?  Some bread?

There are so many baked goodies out there!  What to choose, what to choose...  The nice thing is, this makes me look forward to the weekend.  It's a plan without having a plan.  Plus, baking is happy if nothing else - but thankfully it's also delicious!

What would have Preston liked?  Chocolate chip cookies?  Gingersnaps?  Ice cream cake?  Fresh baked bread?  Brett says he'd like chocolate chip cookies, no contest.  Chocolate chip cookies it is!

What's your favorite baked good?  Does the smell of fresh baked cookies bring a smile to your face?

2 comments:

  1. This is making me think of autumn that is just around the corner! You're inspiring me to bake something!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tomorrow's the day! Bought all my ingredients today. Chocolate chip cookies, hot milk sponge cake and apple cheddar loaf. Getting kind of excited despite the late hour! You'll have to let me know what you bake! I love autumn by the way! Hope you are well.

      Delete