Sunday, January 18, 2015

Spring in the wintertime


It was stunning outside today.  The only alteration I did to this picture is add a border and the url for my blog.  It was just perfect the way it was taken.  Not bad for a camera phone. :)

It's interesting, because when I went out for groceries earlier today, I thought the day was the opposite of beautiful.  It was warm, in the high fifties, maybe low sixties degree fahrenheit.  I wouldn't normally be upset by this, but it is January.  What are you doing to us global warming!!  With the snow mostly melted everywhere, everything was ugly and brown.  Desolate.  For some reason, I was thinking about the 2 upcoming "holidays" that are coming up - Valentine's Day and Easter and it brought me sadness.  Valentine's Day is the day I found out baby H was gone.  It's also the last special occasion we shared with Preston.  Easter is the first one he missed.  An egg hunt would have been so fun with him this year.

When I got home from my trip to King Soopers, everything felt different.  The air smelled fresh.  There was a cool breeze.  The patio door was open to let in the fresh air and the warmth of the sun.  I stepped onto our back deck to be greeted by what you see above.  Divine.  The sun beams, right onto our house. Once again.  A message? Preston is happy.  Preston is doing okay.  This household will know happiness.  This house is blessed.  Whatever it is, I can only think that it is good.  And I welcome it.

As the snow melts, and the sun shines through the clouds, it surely feels like Spring is around the corner.  And while that will come with some extremely sad memories, it's also a time of renewal and new beginnings.  Much like the sun beams shining on my house, I welcome it.  It's very much needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment