Friday, October 2, 2015

Capture Your Grief 2015 - Intention



Ah intention.  I have so many good intentions, but it's difficult to accomplish all of them.  Is that just me?

There is one area where I'm particularly proud of following through with my intentions.  That area is this blog.  I first started it because I wanted to find a way to honor my son, and share him with the world.

I wanted to be able to spread happiness around the world through my words, like Preston did for me throughout his short life.

I wanted to have a platform to promote #SpreadHappinessForPreston day - where the world pays it forward to make it a really happy day. A special day.  His birthday, November 19, year after year, even if he's not with us to celebrate it.

I wanted to share my experiences, and thoughts in hopes of touching someone, if only one person.  To help them with their grief.

I think it has turned into so much more.  It helped me verbalize all my thoughts, many of which haunted me and kept me up all night long.  It helped me forge friendships and deep bonds which I would have never made if not for my blog.  It made me realize that I could touch more than just a community of grieving parents - but also anyone dealing with the loss of a loved one, or even people who are going through hardships not necessarily related to grief.

And so, my blog is not only an outlet for me, but it's a resource that I hope is helpful to many others.  Having over 40,000 pageviews, I would really hope so anyway!!

So, I guess, my intention for October's Capture Your Grief project, is this:
  • Make more of an effort with my blog, even after October comes to an end.
  • Continue sharing my thoughts and experiences, even when they are painful to write or read.  Even if my opinions are unpopular or disapproved of.
  • Continue sharing my story, Preston's story, his smiles and the lessons he's taught me in life and death.
  • Continue promoting #SpreadHappinessForPreston in hopes of it one day, creating the happiest day in the world.
  • Continue trying to appreciate all the small things in life.
  • Find a way to continue to honor Preston, while not overwhelming my daughter to be with a sense of loss and/or fear.
  • I hope to find new ways to help others with their healing journey.
All my good intentions are there, and I really do intend to follow through.

No comments:

Post a Comment