Sunday, March 29, 2015

Haven in a garden


My post from yesterday inspired me to go take a look at the little triangle of garden we have in the front of our house.  I attempted to clean it up last fall, but after seeing it, I still have some work to do.  Grass had begun growing through the landscaping fabric so I just decided to rip it out and start fresh.  I guess I forgot that I also needed to trim everything once winter came... or perhaps my mind just tucked it somewhere deep inside as that would have entailed being out in the cold - not my favorite activity!

Despite the mess that still exists in this small area, the tulips are starting to grow.  Exciting!  Additionally, there's these other plants that are growing.  Perhaps you can help me figure out what's growing!  The leaves are rather large and have dark lines on them.  The only thing I remember planting are the following: Sweet Pea, Forget-Me-Not and Sweet William.  I've seen Sweet William before, my mother has some in her gardens back in Montreal, and I really don't think that's what there are.  So what could it be???

I'm so curious to find out what it is that I've planted that's already growing?  I sincerely hope that these flowers survive whatever weather the Spring has in store for us.  I hope even more to soon see colorful flowers in this garden.  It can become a haven - a place I can go to reminisce about my son, about our happy times.  A place where I could possibly conjure up thoughts of what he might be up to in Heaven.

In the meantime, can someone help me figure out what plant these leaves below to?  I sure hope they are a flower, and not some crazy weed :) 


2 comments:

  1. I'm so intrigued by what these plants could be. I feel like I have seen them before but I honestly cannot recall where. Hope they turn out to be something beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My aunt thinks they might be tulips. I'm still skeptical because I don't remember having tulips so close to the edge of the garden and I haven't planted any bulbs.. We'll see soon enough :) Hope you are well B!

      Delete