Wednesday, April 8, 2015

That fork in the road



Spring brings about so much beauty.  The flowers pictured above are blooming on trees downtown.  These trees, are just stunning.

Every Spring, I have to get skin test for Tuberculosis.  It's one of the requirements for being approved to receive Remicade treatments.  My understanding is that some patients after being treated with Remicade.  For that reason, I have to be tested every year.  It's a quick test really.  They poke you with a needle to make an air bubble under the skin and you have to have the area looked at 48-72 hours later.  That's the most annoying part really.  The test takes a minute and so does getting it "read".  Given that my doctor's office isn't close to where I work, I don't like asking the afternoon off for something that should take just a minute.  Last year, I went while I was still on maternity leave and brought Preston with me.  This year, I found that I could have the test done at a clinic, so I did that.  There's a clinic inside the supermarket near our house.  It has convenient hours and of course, it's minutes from home!  So I went this weekend for the poke of the needle since I knew I'd be able to go back Tuesday after work.

When I get off the highway, the road forks at the end of the exit.  I usually go right to go home.  I had to go left to go to the clinic.  Left, was also the way I went to go pick up Preston from daycare.  I haven't gone left from the highway in over a year.  It was tough to sit there, behind a line of cars waiting to go once the light changed.  It took 3 turns of the light by the way... it felt like torture.

I was right back to last year, as I awaited for the light to change to green so that I could go pick up my baby and take him home.  He was always happy to see me.  It was wonderful.  I haven't wanted to go back that way since losing him.  It's one of those triggers I guess.  A reminder of what is no more, not that I really need to be reminded.

Things changed in the blink of an eye.  When I finally was able to turn left, a card had to merge in front of me since there was construction and one of the lanes was closed up ahead.  The car was a Mini Cooper which my husband always talks about.. and the license plate was from North Carolina.  Yesterday, my hubby flew out to North Carolina for work.  Serendipity at it's best... a sweet little sign from my son saying, I'm watching over Daddy while he's away.  Mama thanks you baby boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment