Friday, June 3, 2016

Sami's Corner - 4 months

This is so late, and I haven't had the chance to edit my pictures which is why I was delaying posting.  Hopefully time frees up by the end of summer and I can be more on top of things.

Weight & Length: At her 4 month appointment, Sami was just shy of 12 lbs and was 24 inches long.  She's in the 4th percentile for weight, which is low, but she had a cold and I feel like during that period of time, she didn't grow.  I think her length percentile was around 30.  So we have a petite girl, and we are totally fine with that because she's healthy and gaining :)

Features: I think I can confirm that Samantha has her dad's eyes; they change from grey to blue.  Her hair is still hard to tell.  It looks like a shade of blond, but could be a really light brown and it sometimes seems to have reddish shades.

Feedings: Not really anything new to report. She eats very well.

Sleep: For the most part she sleeps through the night.  She sometimes wakes up in the middle of the night due to being wet, but does back to sleep right away if you rock her.  While it makes it so that we're a little more tired, I think both Brett and I enjoy this to a certain degree, given that she's growing so fast!

Likes: Pretty much everything.  She smiles a lot, and her daycare keeps telling us that she's one of the happiest babies they've ever seen.  Preston was a happy baby too.  Maybe we make happy babies, lol.

Dislikes: She likes having something in her mouth and doesn't like when you take it out.  Her hand is a good example.

Mama's fears: We had a bit of a scare on March 19th.  She had a cold, and her breathing sounded labored.  This had happened one time before, the first night I was alone with her when her dad had gone out with a friend who was visiting.  She had eventually fallen asleep and when she woke up, her breathing sounded normal again.

We were already on edge having just passed Preston's angelversary on March 13th.  We went to the ER.  It was one of the most nerve wrecking hours of my life, much like when she was in the hospital for jaundice.  Thankfully, they said that babies have flappy skin in their throats, and hers is a little underdeveloped which is what causes the labored breathing sound.  Her breathing isn't labored, though it sounds like it.

They did a saline solution vapor treatment on her and then we went home.

Needless to say, I didn't sleep well that night, if at all.  The same is true for April 9th which marked her 114th day.   That was a huge weekend for us.  I didn't sleep much, but was so happy to make it past this milestone.  Have all my fears dissipated? Not at all, but it still gives me some peace.

Mama's proud moments: Our little girl loves smiling! It is so great to hear from her caregivers that she's one of the happiest babies they've ever seen.  It makes me happy, because Preston was like that, and it's nice that they share that trait.

She doesn't laugh or giggle much, but she sure loves to squeal!  She often goes super sonic.  It's rather entertaining, though also can be deafening!  lol

Just because:  She loves playing on her activity mat.  She looks like she's about ready to roll.  She tries to roll over by trying to turn her head all the way down.  It's pretty funny.  I bet she doesn't it soon :)

Pictures:









2 comments:

  1. Happy to see this update! What a great smile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful update and boy do you have a gorgeous baby girl.

    ReplyDelete