Thursday, August 13, 2015

6 bunnies


Over a month ago, on a day where I had an OB appointment, I had one of those days.  Full of doubts about how my baby was doing.  I was at that point in the pregnancy where most of the symptoms, such as morning sickness, had faded away.  I was at that point, where the baby was small which meant that I wasn't feeling any movement.

I feel blessed that the day my mind started to worry, for no real reason, was on the day where I could request an ultrasound if I wanted.  On my train ride, I talked to Preston.  I told him I was worried, and that I wished he could tell me that everything was ok.  Almost instantly, I saw a bunny.  In the middle of downtown, on the grass surrounding one of the courthouses.  I thought, what a coincidence.  When we were further out from the city, I saw another bunny.  And then another, and 3 others.  None were in the same area.  I could have missed all of them, considering the speed the light rail goes at, and keeping in mind that the mind and eyes easily wander.

It was no accident.  I've never seen that many on my train ride home.  I've never seen a bunny at the courthouse, and since seeing me, trust me, I keep looking.  This was my son telling me, he is watching over his sibling.  This was my son telling me not to worry, that he is a guardian angel.

I don't know that I'll ever completely stop worrying, considering how suddenly Preston was taken away from us, but since seeing the 6 bunnies, I really haven't worried much.  And I certainly didn't worry yesterday before the 20 week scan.  If anything, I had butterflies, for the first time with this pregnancy.

The anatomy scan was wonderful.  Everything looked great, and baby is growing at a good pace.  We really could not have gotten better news.  No abnormalities, no unpleasant surprises, nothing to worry about.  In addition, I started feeling the baby move over the course of the past couple days.  Hubby even felt little kicks on Tuesday night.

And yes, of course, what you've been waiting for... we did find out what we are having.  Preston will be big brother, guardian angel to a little girl.

Meet Squirmy..... I mean, meet Samantha. <3  She appears to be trying to scratch her nose with her foot. :)

14 comments:

  1. So beautiful :) It's amazing how we get those wonderful signs that things are going to be okay. Our sign has always been tree frogs. When my son was with us, they used to show up on the doors every night. And they left when he did. Now, almost every night we get one little guy on our front door reminding us he hasn't gone far. Congratulations again on your little girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Eryn! And thanks for sharing that your son sends tree frogs. How cute! I love learning new things about him :)

      Delete
  2. So happy to hear! Little sister is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet! Congratulations! Glad you're feeling well and seekng all those bunnies! Love hearing about signs from Preston and news about his little sister. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jess! :) Means a lot that you love hearing about Preston, and about his little sister! Hope you guys are well! Miss you!

      Delete
  4. Hi Samantha :) Can't wait to "meet" you! Love that you are still getting signs from Preston :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Krystal! I love that I'm still getting signs too. It's made this pregnancy a lot easier than it could have been.

      Delete
  5. This is such a wonderful story! Congratulations. I'm sure Preston is watching over his sister. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praise God! My heart is over joyed for your blessing to you and your family :-)

    Hello little princess Samantha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your well wishes. They mean a lot :)

      Delete
  7. The signs are always there - we just need to be aware that Spirit works in so many ways. Everything in life has a time and purpose - all we need to do is open up to the presence.

    ReplyDelete